Director Diane Dowling Shares Her Success Story


                                                       Original Content: Business Upside


“Success is a job well done and a satisfied client”, is the belief of Producer/Director/Entrepreneur, Diane Dowling. 

Diane Dowling is a Producer/Director/Writer with several decades of experience working in the internet, cable, and broadcast TV industries. Dowling is, also, a Marketing Consultant for numerous consumer-oriented and entertainment organizations and the former Director of Marketing for the Theater Museum in NYC. 

Dowling has been on staff as a producer, director, or writer for WTTG, HBO, WCVB, Showtime, and WNEV. Dowling founded her own company and is currently working on video production projects, and advertising and marketing campaigns for companies in New York and Florida.

Diane Dowling shares her views on success strategies and tips, and motivation with Business Upside in this interview. 

Edited excerpts from the interview:

Business Upside [BU]: How did you get your idea or concept for the business?

Diane Dowling [DD]: TV free of commercials or PAY Television was pioneered by Home Box Office (HBO) and I was fortunate enough to start there almost from their inception. Without commercials I had to write and produce branding materials, “shorts”, movie promos, and other videos, the likes of which had never been seen before, to keep people engaged and watching between programs. I dubbed this content “interstitial programming” and that term is still used as the industry standard to this day. 

My work at HBO inspired my entrepreneurial spirit and taught me to think outside the box. Actually, I approached my tasks as if there were no box, no rules, and no standards of operating, allowing me to create unusual solutions to unique problems. Eventually, this would become the foundation and concept for my future business.

Business Upside [BU]: How did you come up with the name for your company?

Diane Dowling [DD]: By the time I went out on my own I had already been in the industry for quite some time working on staff at CBS, ABC, WTTG, Showtime, and others. From those companies, I had contacts and colleagues willing to work with me as an independent. I knew I was selling myself, my experience, and my unique vision so using my name Diane Dowling Productions seemed the best way to go.

Read more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring the CityTime Login System and More

Do You Need to Go out and Touch Grass in the Park?